Warnings have only informative character and they do not serve for civil or protective forces in selected countries.
Warnings have 3 levels according to severity of effect weather to lives, property and ecosystems.
Warnings are divided to 3 groups:
1.) Temperature-related extremes:
- warm spells (winter season, with positive temperature anomaly +2 / +4 / +8°C)
- cold spells (summer season, wth negative temperature anomaly -2 / -4 / -8°C)
2.) Precipitation and drought-related extremes:
- severe storms (yellow, orange, red fields on radar)
- heavy rain (above 10, 20 and 50 mm / 24 hours)
- snowing (occurence, above 5 cm, above 20 cm)
- freezing rain
- fires (according to combination heatwave + drought + wind + storms combination)
3.) Wind related extremes:
- windstorm (hurricanes, ex-hurricanes, ex-tropical storms and named storms)
- severe wind gusts (above 80 / 100 / 120 km/h)
- fogs (accorging to area and duration)